G5 Games is a game developer and publisher headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. We have over 850+ talented professionals worldwide who work remotely or in one of our 10 locations. More than 20 years ago, the company became one of the first mobile game developers in the world.
You may know us from hit projects like Sherlock, Hidden City®, Mahjong Journey®, The Secret Society®, the Jewels series, and many others.
We are currently looking for an experienced 2D Environment Artist to join R&D Team and will work on visualization of draft concepts for new games. Do you have what it takes? Apply now!
What you will work on:
- Search, develop and test new stylistics and environment designs: we are looking for a visionary who can bring a new vision of game graphics to the company’s projects;
- Working in a variety of styles, mostly casual;
- Work on visualization of draft concepts for new games in close cooperation with related departments (Game Design/Narrative).
It’s important to us:
- Gaming development experience (at least 5 years);
- High level of expertise. This means that your approach to work can be called systematic, and regardless of the task you can achieve a predictable result of high quality;
- Ability to research art relevant to the mobile game market, to offer a variety of stylistic options and argue their choice;
- Extensive experience in different styles. Ability to switch between different styles and find the best stylistic solution in the absence of clear references;
- Extensive knowledge of environment design, environment design, architectural history and design, and industrial design;
- Independence—we expect your need for technical feedback from the art lead or art director to be minimal in the process of completing the task;
- Excellent communication skills: you have to be able to express yourself clearly and reasonably, both in written and oral forms;
- General visual art skills: lighting, form, conveying the characteristics of materials, etc.;
- Confident use of 3D as a full-fledged conceptual tool;
- Russian language - at least upper intermediate.
R&D Team — a small team of highly skilled artists, who find and test new styles for the company’s projects. You are not expected to have skills in dozens of various styles, however it is very important for us that you are ready to become part of the creative process aimed at finding new visual solutions in commercial graphics. This role is ideal for you if you prefer to develop your creative and research skills rather than participate in a flow production of art.
Working at G5 is about:
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life in an international company with a multimillion audience: G5 games are played by 250 million users worldwide.
- Official employment in one of our locations or remotely under a contract.
- Assistance with relocation that helps move to one of the countries where the company has offices: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Malta, or Montenegro.
- Maintaining a work-life balance of employees: remote work and flexible hours, sports reimbursement, and health insurance payment.
- Charitable activities: you can initiate your own project with the company's support or participate in G5 Charity events.
- Opportunities for professional development: access to resources for creating your own projects within R&D, an internal educational platform, and training webinars covering various specialties.
- Bonus system: project profit bonus for project teams and a performance share program for key employees.
- Language courses: free English lessons, speaking clubs for all proficiency levels, and free study language of the country of relocation.
- Entertainment: corporate events and team buildings, master classes for adults and children, webinars with guest speakers, coffee talks, quizzes, and contests.
Please be aware that the email correspondence with G5 Games representatives is conducted via g5.com only.
More about G5 Games: