G5 Games is a game developer and publisher headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. We have over 900+ talented professionals worldwide who work remotely in one of our 10 locations. More than 20 years ago, the company became one of the first mobile game developers in the world.
You may know us from hit projects like Sherlock, Hidden City®, Mahjong Journey®, The Secret Society®, the Jewels series, and many others.
We are currently looking for a talented UI Director.
What you will work on:
- Responsibility for creating and implementing UI in company projects;
- Development of company standards for UI as applied to specific game genres;
- Development and maintenance of UI design uidelines, processes, and practices;
- Analysis of game UX statistics and proposing options for improving the usability of the interfaces of the company’s projects;
- Training UI designers in the principles of usability and interface design;
It’s important to us:
- Over 5 years of experience in UI design;
- Experience in API development and integration of game interfaces;
- Portfolio of released projects;
- Experience in managing a department/team of UI designers;
- Effective communication and organizational skills;
- You have to be a strong visualizer, with the ability to transform game design, user needs and technical requirements into designs that are visually appealing, easy to use and emotional;
- Skill in creating designs that consider and maximize the effectiveness of typography, icons, grids, and color systems to layout screens for best results. Actively apply visual and graphic design principles (contrast, alignment, repetition, and proximity) to simplify use;
- Ability to approach results, such as user interface kits, with a systems-oriented mindset that is organized, user-friendly, and extensible for the future;
- Ability to analyze other most effective, innovative games and genres on the market to identify and understand the trends and behavior of other developers and audiences, and then apply that knowledge to our products development;
- Ability to present your ideas and your point of view in a competent and reasoned manner;
- Experience in creating UI documentation and guidelines;
- Presentation skills;
- Passion for games.
Would be a great bonus:
- Understanding of game design;
- Extensive gaming experience and a love of games;
- Visual arts skills;
- Basic animation, motion design and special effects skills.
Working at G5 is about:
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life in an international company with a multimillion audience: G5 games are played by 250 million users worldwide.
- Official employment in one of our locations or remotely under a contract in countries where the company doesn't have offices.
- Assistance with relocation that helps move to one of the countries where the company has offices: Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan or Montenegro.
- Maintaining a work-life balance of employees: remote work and flexible hours, sports reimbursement, and health insurance payment.
- Charitable activities: you can initiate your own project with the company's support or participate in G5 Charity events.
- Opportunities for professional development: access to resources for creating your own projects within R&D, an internal educational platform, and training webinars covering various specialties.
- Bonus system: project profit bonus for project teams and a performance share program for key employees.
- Language courses: free English lessons, speaking clubs for all proficiency levels, and free study language of the country of relocation.
- Entertainment: corporate events and team buildings, master classes for adults and children, webinars with guest speakers, coffee talks, quizzes, and contests.
Please be aware that the email correspondence with G5 Games representatives is conducted via g5.com only.
More about G5 Games: